Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles fatal shooting may be gang-related
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after a 26-year-old man was shot and killed following a confrontation with teenagers in South Los Angeles.
Police say the man was walking near Maple Avenue and 28th Street at about 9:40 p.m. Monday when he was confronted by two teens on bicycles. One of the teens opened fire, killing the man.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
Investigators believe the shooting may have been gang-related.
Detailed descriptions of the suspects were not available.
City News Service contributed to this report.
south los angeles, shooting, gang activity, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 20 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 10 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- LA launches campaign to shut illegal pot...
54 min ago