Los Angeles News
Chase suspect in stolen vehicle in custody in Granada Hills
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A police chase of a suspect in a stolen car out of the Antelope Valley area ended with a PIT maneuver on Wednesday afternoon.
The chase began shortly after 11:30 a.m. when officers ran the license plate during a traffic stop. Police say the car was wanted in connection with a car stolen on July 20.
The vehicle sped off and got on the westbound 118 Freeway into Ventura County. When the suspect got to the west end of Simi Valley, he exited the freeway and got back onto the eastbound 118.
When the driver exited on Woodley Avenue in Granada Hills, officers were able to perform a PIT maneuver, ending the chase at 12:23 p.m. A shirtless male suspect stepped out of the vehicle and was taken into custody without further incident.
Police say there was only one person in the vehicle.
car chase, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back 12 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book