Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera deputy shooting leaves man injured
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after a man was injured in a deputy-involved shooting in Pico Rivera early Sunday morning.
The shooting happened at Rosemead Boulevard and Shenandoah Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Pico Rivera deputies witnessed a man spray-painting a wall. He then took off on foot and got into a vehicle with three other men.
Despite orders to stop, the suspects drove directly toward a deputy, the department said. The deputy fired at the car, hitting one of the men.
The man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. Three other suspects were taken into custody.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, pico rivera, los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 49 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 28 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 21 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 22 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup 58 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions 57 min ago
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons