Los Angeles News
Fire rips through market in Glassell Park
GLASSELL PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 120 firefighters battled a fire that destroyed a market in Glassell Park Sunday night.
The blaze at Verdugo Ranch Market on the 3300 block of North Verdugo Road was reported shortly before 9 p.m.
Firefighters arrived on scene and reported flames showing through the roof of the market, which was closed at the time, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main.
A portion of the 5,000-square-foot structure collapsed. Fortunately, no one was inside.
One firefighter suffered an eye injury but was treated at the scene and returned to work, said Main.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 50 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park 29 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out 46 min ago
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report