Los Angeles News
Fire rips through market in Glassell Park
GLASSELL PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 120 firefighters battled a fire that destroyed a market in Glassell Park Sunday night.
The blaze at Verdugo Ranch Market on the 3300 block of North Verdugo Road was reported shortly before 9 p.m.
Firefighters arrived on scene and reported flames showing through the roof of the market, which was closed at the time, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main.
A portion of the 5,000-square-foot structure collapsed. Fortunately, no one was inside.
One firefighter suffered an eye injury but was treated at the scene and returned to work, said Main.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes 52 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 12 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- How healthy is flavoring up your water? 7 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke