Los Angeles News
Fire rips through market in Glassell Park
GLASSELL PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 120 firefighters battled a fire that destroyed a market in Glassell Park Sunday night.
The blaze at Verdugo Ranch Market on the 3300 block of North Verdugo Road was reported shortly before 9 p.m.
Firefighters arrived on scene and reported flames showing through the roof of the market, which was closed at the time, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main.
A portion of the 5,000-square-foot structure collapsed. Fortunately, no one was inside.
One firefighter suffered an eye injury but was treated at the scene and returned to work, said Main.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 43 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders 19 min ago
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed 5 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts