Los Angeles News
1-year-old baby stops breathing in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Pomona Police and the L.A. County Coroner's Office were investigating the case of 1-year-old child who died Monday.
Pomona police officers responded to a 911 call about a baby not breathing at 1260 W. 8th Street in Pomona just before 9 a.m. Monday.
The L.A. County Fire dispatcher gave assistance over the phone in starting CPR efforts, according to police. Pomona officers arrived within two minutes of the call and also administered CPR.
L.A. County Fire personnel arrived on scene a short time later and took over CPR efforts.
The child was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said there were no signs of foul play and there were no suspicious circumstances.
The Coroner's Office and the Pomona Police Detective Bureau were investigating the death. Anyone with information related to the case is asked to call the Detective Bureau at (909) 620-2085. Anonymous callers can contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke