Los Angeles News
1-year-old baby stops breathing in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Pomona Police and the L.A. County Coroner's Office were investigating the case of 1-year-old child who died Monday.
Pomona police officers responded to a 911 call about a baby not breathing at 1260 W. 8th Street in Pomona just before 9 a.m. Monday.
The L.A. County Fire dispatcher gave assistance over the phone in starting CPR efforts, according to police. Pomona officers arrived within two minutes of the call and also administered CPR.
L.A. County Fire personnel arrived on scene a short time later and took over CPR efforts.
The child was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said there were no signs of foul play and there were no suspicious circumstances.
The Coroner's Office and the Pomona Police Detective Bureau were investigating the death. Anyone with information related to the case is asked to call the Detective Bureau at (909) 620-2085. Anonymous callers can contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
los angeles news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 20 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 9 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis