Los Angeles News
1-year-old baby stops breathing in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Pomona Police and the L.A. County Coroner's Office were investigating the case of 1-year-old child who died Monday.
Pomona police officers responded to a 911 call about a baby not breathing at 1260 W. 8th Street in Pomona just before 9 a.m. Monday.
The L.A. County Fire dispatcher gave assistance over the phone in starting CPR efforts, according to police. Pomona officers arrived within two minutes of the call and also administered CPR.
L.A. County Fire personnel arrived on scene a short time later and took over CPR efforts.
The child was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said there were no signs of foul play and there were no suspicious circumstances.
The Coroner's Office and the Pomona Police Detective Bureau were investigating the death. Anyone with information related to the case is asked to call the Detective Bureau at (909) 620-2085. Anonymous callers can contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 54 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 33 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 15 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...