Los Angeles News
Old Town Pasadena fight: Marine killed
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine died from a head injury Tuesday following a fight outside a Pasadena eatery early Monday morning.
It all started around 1 a.m. when a 911 call was made about a combative individual inside a restaurant in the Old Pasadena area in the 100 block of East Colorado Boulevard.
A subsequent caller reported that a man was lying injured in the street in the area. When Pasadena police officers arrived on scene, they found the victim unresponsive in the roadway. The man was transported to an area hospital, where he was listed in critical condition with a head injury caused by blunt force trauma. He died Tuesday afternoon.
The victim has been identified as 25-year-old Joshua Martinez, an active Marine Reservist stationed at Camp Pendleton.
Pasadena Police Department was advised at 5:28 a.m. Monday by an El Monte area hospital that two males had been admitted with stab wounds they reportedly suffered during a fight in Old Pasadena.
Police determined the two males were involved in the attack that resulted in the victim's injury. The men, identified as San Gabriel resident Jonas Ramos, 24, and El Monte resident Angel Moroyoqui, 21,were arrested for attempted murder. A third person, Bania Aguirre, 24, from El Monte, was located with Ramos and Moroyoqui and arrested for accessory after the fact, police said.
Ramos and Moroyoqui were rebooked for murder and remain in custody at the Los Angeles County Jail, held on $1 million. Aguirre was released on bond on Tuesday.
Homicide and assault detectives are investigating this incident. If you have any information about this crime, you're urged to contact the Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4241. You can also report anonymously through Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
arrest, homicide investigation, pasadena, los angeles news
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 53 min ago
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies 28 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors