Los Angeles News
Old Town Pasadena fight: Marine killed
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine died from a head injury Tuesday following a fight outside a Pasadena eatery early Monday morning.
It all started around 1 a.m. when a 911 call was made about a combative individual inside a restaurant in the Old Pasadena area in the 100 block of East Colorado Boulevard.
A subsequent caller reported that a man was lying injured in the street in the area. When Pasadena police officers arrived on scene, they found the victim unresponsive in the roadway. The man was transported to an area hospital, where he was listed in critical condition with a head injury caused by blunt force trauma. He died Tuesday afternoon.
The victim has been identified as 25-year-old Joshua Martinez, an active Marine Reservist stationed at Camp Pendleton.
Pasadena Police Department was advised at 5:28 a.m. Monday by an El Monte area hospital that two males had been admitted with stab wounds they reportedly suffered during a fight in Old Pasadena.
Police determined the two males were involved in the attack that resulted in the victim's injury. The men, identified as San Gabriel resident Jonas Ramos, 24, and El Monte resident Angel Moroyoqui, 21,were arrested for attempted murder. A third person, Bania Aguirre, 24, from El Monte, was located with Ramos and Moroyoqui and arrested for accessory after the fact, police said.
Ramos and Moroyoqui were rebooked for murder and remain in custody at the Los Angeles County Jail, held on $1 million. Aguirre was released on bond on Tuesday.
Homicide and assault detectives are investigating this incident. If you have any information about this crime, you're urged to contact the Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4241. You can also report anonymously through Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
arrest, homicide investigation, pasadena, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 3 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 57 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
55 min ago