Los Angeles News
Los Angeles supervisors remember ABC7 photographer Steve Chacon
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The death of our longtime colleague, photographer Steve Chacon, has affected all of us here at Eyewitness News. His passing has also had an impact at the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors.
The supervisors adjourned Tuesday's meeting in Steve's honor. He was not only a familiar sight there, but he earned the respect and admiration of the supervisors over many years of news coverage.
"He always had a smile. He was very responsive, and he had the patience of a newsman, he had the professionalism," said Supervisor Mike Antonovich. "He was very wonderful, one of a kind, and he's going to be sorely missed."
Steve died last Wednesday, two weeks after suffering a stroke. He was 58 years old.
los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 46 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 33 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 18 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 2 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 51 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts