Los Angeles News
Man took photos up skirts of young girls at Topanga mall - police
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who police say took photos under the skirts of several young girls at the Topanga mall.
The incidents happened at the Westfield Topanga Plaza on July 20. The LAPD says a 7-year-old girl was standing in line at the food court with her mother, when the suspect pointed a small camera at her dress. The girl's mother saw what he was doing and scared him off.
"When the mom actually followed the suspect, she also noticed he was taking photos of other teenage girls within that same facility. So this person was doing this numerous times that day," said LAPD Officer Jerretta Sandoz.
The man left the mall before security guards could apprehend him. He was captured on surveillance. Police describe him as a white male with light brown hair, between 60-and 70-years-old, 5 feet 3 inches to 5 feet 6 inches tall and 140 to 160 pounds. He was wearing a yellow shirt, glasses and carrying a brown backpack.
Westfield spokeswoman Catherine Dickey issued a statement about the incident.
"Westfield takes the safety of our customers very seriously and security is always a priority. The matter to which you refer is under active investigation by the police department and Westfield is cooperating fully with investigators," she said.
Anyone with information about the suspect or any other incidents is asked to call the LAPD at 1-877-LAPD-247.
los angeles news, amy powell
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains 13 min ago
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event