Los Angeles News
LA City Councilman Jose Huizar accused of sexual harassment
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former aide is accusing Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar of sexual harassment.
Huizar is the target of a complaint by a former aide. The complaint was filed by his former deputy chief of staff, Francine Godoy.
In the workplace discrimination and sexual harassment complaint, Godoy says she was subjected to retaliation when she fended off sexual advances by Huizar.
"The councilmember is surprised by the claim," said Rick Coca, Huizar's spokesperson, on Monday. "He strongly and emphatically denies the assertions made in the claim sent to the City and intends to fully cooperate with the City in any investigation of this matter."
The complaint says the most recent discrimination took place on April 21. That's about the time Godoy reportedly left her job with Huizar's office.
Michael Eisenberg, Godoy's attorney, said Tuesday: "We have not yet filed a lawsuit so we are holding off on comments for the time being."
L.A. City Council President Herb Wesson convened a panel that will investigate the allegations.
Huizar did not address the issue in City Council chambers Tuesday.
los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter