Los Angeles News
Cal State Long Beach: Threat cleared after armed subject reported
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The California State University-Long Beach campus was on alert Tuesday afternoon due to a report of an armed subject in the area of Engineering Technology. Police cleared the scene and declared there was no threat.
Long Beach Police and campus police immediately responded to the scene.
People were advised people to evacuate the area if able, or to seek shelter if unable to evacuate.
Officials said the incident was not part of a morning drill earlier on campus.
Cal State Long Beach's Twitter page: "An ARMED SUBJECT is in the area of Palo Verde Ave and parking lot 9. Evacuate the area if able, seek shelter if you are unable to evacuate."
Minutes later, CSULB tweeted: "The situation on campus is all clear. There is no threat on campus. Classes will be held as scheduled, and business to resume as usual."
Cal State officials said the report of a gun to university police was a false alarm. Students reportedly mistook a cellphone for a weapon, according to the school.
long beach, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 44 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 59 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 20 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 12 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video