Los Angeles News
Cal State Long Beach: Threat cleared after armed subject reported
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The California State University-Long Beach campus was on alert Tuesday afternoon due to a report of an armed subject in the area of Engineering Technology. Police cleared the scene and declared there was no threat.
Long Beach Police and campus police immediately responded to the scene.
People were advised people to evacuate the area if able, or to seek shelter if unable to evacuate.
Officials said the incident was not part of a morning drill earlier on campus.
Cal State Long Beach's Twitter page: "An ARMED SUBJECT is in the area of Palo Verde Ave and parking lot 9. Evacuate the area if able, seek shelter if you are unable to evacuate."
Minutes later, CSULB tweeted: "The situation on campus is all clear. There is no threat on campus. Classes will be held as scheduled, and business to resume as usual."
Cal State officials said the report of a gun to university police was a false alarm. Students reportedly mistook a cellphone for a weapon, according to the school.
long beach, los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 29 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 56 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 18 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 22 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 24 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
58 min ago