Los Angeles News
Rowland Heights stabbing: 1 killed, 1 in custody
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- It appears an argument led to a deadly stabbing in Rowland Heights early Saturday morning.
The incident happened on the 1400 block of Gloriosa Avenue around 1:26 a.m.
The victim was identified by a coroner's investigator as 32-year-old Benjamin Cervantes. Family and friends said Cervantes was stabbed to death in an altercation with his sister's boyfriend.
"I heard a loud scream and that was it. I figured after hearing that scream something had to have happened. A few minutes later, that's when the fire department rolled up," said neighbor John Huiziar.
Cervantes was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Authorities arrested the suspect, Albert Camacho, after he turned himself in.
Friends say Cervantes and his sister's boyfriend have had a volatile relationship.
"This was just something I think was just boiling up and it just exploded, but it exploded the wrong way. If they each had differences, they should have just parted and left," said Huiziar.
The incident remains under investigation.
stabbing, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 25 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)