Los Angeles News
Rowland Heights stabbing: 1 killed, 1 in custody
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- It appears an argument led to a deadly stabbing in Rowland Heights early Saturday morning.
The incident happened on the 1400 block of Gloriosa Avenue around 1:26 a.m.
The victim was identified by a coroner's investigator as 32-year-old Benjamin Cervantes. Family and friends said Cervantes was stabbed to death in an altercation with his sister's boyfriend.
"I heard a loud scream and that was it. I figured after hearing that scream something had to have happened. A few minutes later, that's when the fire department rolled up," said neighbor John Huiziar.
Cervantes was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Authorities arrested the suspect, Albert Camacho, after he turned himself in.
Friends say Cervantes and his sister's boyfriend have had a volatile relationship.
"This was just something I think was just boiling up and it just exploded, but it exploded the wrong way. If they each had differences, they should have just parted and left," said Huiziar.
The incident remains under investigation.
stabbing, los angeles news, leanne suter
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 12 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14