Los Angeles News
Rowland Heights stabbing: 1 killed, 1 in custody
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- It appears an argument led to a deadly stabbing in Rowland Heights early Saturday morning.
The incident happened on the 1400 block of Gloriosa Avenue around 1:26 a.m.
The victim was identified by a coroner's investigator as 32-year-old Benjamin Cervantes. Family and friends said Cervantes was stabbed to death in an altercation with his sister's boyfriend.
"I heard a loud scream and that was it. I figured after hearing that scream something had to have happened. A few minutes later, that's when the fire department rolled up," said neighbor John Huiziar.
Cervantes was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Authorities arrested the suspect, Albert Camacho, after he turned himself in.
Friends say Cervantes and his sister's boyfriend have had a volatile relationship.
"This was just something I think was just boiling up and it just exploded, but it exploded the wrong way. If they each had differences, they should have just parted and left," said Huiziar.
The incident remains under investigation.
stabbing, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company 41 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report