Los Angeles News
Compton baby rushed to hospital after mom accidentally gave vodka
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway in Compton after a mother accidentally gave her baby some vodka.
The baby was rushed to the hospital to be checked out after swallowing about half a bottle cap of vodka.
Authorities say it appears to be accidental, and no charges have been filed. They say the woman gave the baby vodka from a water bottle and thought the vodka was water.
The Department of Children And Family Services has been notified and is expected to look into the matter.
los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 28 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees