Los Angeles News
60 Freeway to see final 'Summer Slam' closures
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. (KABC) -- The 60 Freeway's last of four 55-hour closures in the City of Industry will get underway this weekend.
Between 10 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday, two lanes of the eastbound 60 will be closed from Fullerton Road to Nogales Street. The Fullerton and Nogales on-ramps and off-ramps will be closed, as well as on-ramps from Hacienda Boulevard and Azusa Avenue.
The entire eastbound side of the freeway will be closed from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. Saturday and Monday.
Motorists are being asked to use alternate routes to avoid the weekend closures, which Caltrans has dubbed "Summer Slam."
The project involves resurfacing the 60 Freeway between the 605 and 57 freeways. Caltrans says the project should be completed next year.
City News Service contributed to this report.
road closure, road construction, freeway, los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 40 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 20 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
50 min ago