Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita burglary suspect caught on surveillance video
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles sheriff's officials hope newly released surveillance footage will help catch a burglary suspect who targeted a home in Santa Clarita.
The victim told police that he went to bed Wednesday night with his back door open, but the screen door shut and locked. When he awoke the next morning, the screen door was cut open and his laptop, cellphone, iPad, his wife's purse and other items were missing.
Police say the suspect likely entered through the screen door and left through the side garage door.
The next day, police discovered the suspect had already used a credit card stolen from the home at a nearby Wal-Mart. The surveillance video shows the suspect leaving the store. Police describe the suspect as a male, either white or Hispanic, approximately 18 to 28 years old.
If you have any information about this crime, you're urged to contact Los Angeles Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
burglary, caught on tape, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43 1 min ago
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
48 min ago