Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita burglary suspect caught on surveillance video
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles sheriff's officials hope newly released surveillance footage will help catch a burglary suspect who targeted a home in Santa Clarita.
The victim told police that he went to bed Wednesday night with his back door open, but the screen door shut and locked. When he awoke the next morning, the screen door was cut open and his laptop, cellphone, iPad, his wife's purse and other items were missing.
Police say the suspect likely entered through the screen door and left through the side garage door.
The next day, police discovered the suspect had already used a credit card stolen from the home at a nearby Wal-Mart. The surveillance video shows the suspect leaving the store. Police describe the suspect as a male, either white or Hispanic, approximately 18 to 28 years old.
If you have any information about this crime, you're urged to contact Los Angeles Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
burglary, caught on tape, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 15 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 30 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft 33 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video