Los Angeles News
Palmdale shooting leaves 1 dead, 3 injured
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is investigating a shooting in Palmdale that left one person dead and three others injured early Sunday morning.
Homicide detectives responded to the area of Avenue Q-6 and Lilacview Avenue around 1:30 a.m. and found four shooting victims.
Detectives learned that the victims were inside a garage when an unknown number of suspects walked up to them. Authorities say a confrontation ensued, and the suspects opened fire before getting into a car and fleeing the scene.
All four victims were transported to a local hospital where one of them was pronounced dead. He has been identified as Dean Joseph Klein, 32, of Palmdale.
The three other victims -- a 21-year-old man, 30-year-old man and 27-year-old woman -- were treated for gunshot wounds and released.
Investigators have determined that the shooting was gang-related.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity 28 min ago
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- 100-year-old Olaf Pooley preps for SM artwalk
46 min ago
- Callie's Cause: Paddle, run to fight epilepsy
4 min ago