Los Angeles News
San Pedro home-invasion robbery: Husband, wife beaten
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A husband and wife were rushed to the hospital after a violent home-invasion robbery in San Pedro early Wednesday morning.
Two men barged into the home on the 300 block of North Mesa Street around 2:15 a.m. and beat up the couple. The victims say the men were wearing ski masks and both had guns.
The suspects took about $2,800 in cash, prescription drugs, and Xbox and PlayStation 3 game consoles. Police are still looking for both suspects. Authorities think the men knew what they were looking for.
"What (the suspects) asked for would be a specific item that only the victims or someone that knew the victims would know about," said Los Angeles police Det. David Cortez.
While police don't suspect this was a random act, it still has the neighborhood pretty rattled. Residents say they've seen some changes over the past few years, and not for the better.
"It's been quiet up until, I'd say, in the last two or three months then things are getting to where the police are more in this area," said Beverly Perry. "Helicopters are going over more and more."
"I've seen a lot of gang activities, a lot of robberies, a lot of drug activities, a lot of home invasions," said Barry Miller.
By mid-morning, both victims were back home. Their injuries turned out to be minor, but the couple is shaken up emotionally and will remain on edge as long as the suspects remain free.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
home invasion, robbery, los angeles news, john gregory
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons