Los Angeles News
Cal State Northridge groping suspect sought
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Students at California State University, Northridge are being warned about a man near the campus who has been groping women.
Authorities say the brazen suspect gropes female students in the middle of the day on busy streets.
"It's not a typical thing that happens, at least at this university. We have had it in the past, but it's not something that has been so prevalent and so just openly done. That's what concerns us," said Cpt. Scott Vanscoy with CSUN police.
On Tuesday, the suspect struck five times within two hours. All of the victims were walking on Prairie and Vincennes streets toward campus. In each case, the suspect approaches the college co-eds and engages them in conversation and even asks some for a hug.
"When they are told to leave...he then attempts and makes contact with grabbing the female's buttocks," said Vanscoy.
The suspect then runs off. Campus police don't know if he's a student or not, but they are hoping a composite sketch will help them track down the suspect before his crimes escalate.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 25 and 30 years old, standing 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 8 inches with a medium build and a moustache.
Anyone with information was asked to call investigators at (818) 677-3826.
los angeles news, leanne suter
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 9 min ago
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
51 min ago