Los Angeles News
LAUSD teacher's assistant arrested in child pornography case
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles Unified School District employee has been fired after being arrested for distribution of child pornography.
Frank Hernandez Jr., 35, worked as a substitute teacher's assistant.
Hernandez, a San Fernando Valley resident, was taken into custody Wednesday after a search of his house. He was booked at Van Nuys Jail and held in lieu of $20,000 bail.
He had worked for the LAUSD since 2008.
The district released the following statement on Wednesday:
"He was arrested by LAPD detectives on charges of possession of child pornography. He was terminated today for unsatisfactory service effective at the close of business today. He was hired by the district in January of 2008 as a substitute special education trainee and he was in that status when he was separated from the district."
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
lausd, school, arrest, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 48 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role