Los Angeles News
LAUSD teacher's assistant arrested in child pornography case
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles Unified School District employee has been fired after being arrested for distribution of child pornography.
Frank Hernandez Jr., 35, worked as a substitute teacher's assistant.
Hernandez, a San Fernando Valley resident, was taken into custody Wednesday after a search of his house. He was booked at Van Nuys Jail and held in lieu of $20,000 bail.
He had worked for the LAUSD since 2008.
The district released the following statement on Wednesday:
"He was arrested by LAPD detectives on charges of possession of child pornography. He was terminated today for unsatisfactory service effective at the close of business today. He was hired by the district in January of 2008 as a substitute special education trainee and he was in that status when he was separated from the district."
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
lausd, school, arrest, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 1 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 59 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)