Los Angeles News
Hacienda Heights trunk body victim identified, son arrested
HACIENDA HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman who was found dead inside the trunk of a car in Hacienda Heights has been identified, and her son has been arrested for murder.
The body of Vilma Chau, 63, was discovered Thursday in a car parked in the 15000 block of Las Tunas Drive. She was the owner of the home where she was found.
Chau's family had gone to check on her when they didn't hear from her. Neighbors say something at the home looked suspicious Wednesday night.
"At 2 a.m., the lights were still on all the way around the house, and that was suspicious because she usually turns them off at about 11. Everybody knows the system of what goes on around here, so when something strange like that happens, you wonder," said neighbor Renny Garcia Cano.
The victim's son, 43-year-old Clifton Huang, was arrested and booked at Industry Sheriff's Station for her murder. He is being held on $2 million bail. He is due in court Sept. 3.
body found, san gabriel valley, los angeles news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 49 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments