Los Angeles News
Hacienda Heights trunk body victim identified, son arrested
HACIENDA HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman who was found dead inside the trunk of a car in Hacienda Heights has been identified, and her son has been arrested for murder.
The body of Vilma Chau, 63, was discovered Thursday in a car parked in the 15000 block of Las Tunas Drive. She was the owner of the home where she was found.
Chau's family had gone to check on her when they didn't hear from her. Neighbors say something at the home looked suspicious Wednesday night.
"At 2 a.m., the lights were still on all the way around the house, and that was suspicious because she usually turns them off at about 11. Everybody knows the system of what goes on around here, so when something strange like that happens, you wonder," said neighbor Renny Garcia Cano.
The victim's son, 43-year-old Clifton Huang, was arrested and booked at Industry Sheriff's Station for her murder. He is being held on $2 million bail. He is due in court Sept. 3.
body found, san gabriel valley, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months