Los Angeles News
House collapses in East Los Angeles; crews dig through rubble
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A house collapsed in East Los Angeles Friday night.
The home was located on the 500 block of South Humphreys Avenue. A local fire engine company was driving in the area when a call came in about a home starting to collapse. Those firefighters rushed to the scene.
An urban search and rescue team was called in to see if anyone was trapped inside. Part of the team included highly trained dogs that can smell people trapped under rubble.
Neighbors say the house was abandoned and should have been empty.
DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.
los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks