Los Angeles News
8-month-old drowns in Valinda; probe underway
VALNIDA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The drowning death of an 8-month-old baby in Valinda has investigators wanting to know what led up to the child's death.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says the drowning happened shortly before 9 a.m. Friday in the 1500 block of Pass and Covina Road.
According to a preliminary investigation, the mother, 25, was bathing the child along with his two siblings, a 1-year-old girl and 2-year-old boy. The mother left the three children unattended for 10 to 15 minutes. When she returned, she found the 8-month-old face down in the water not breathing.
The child was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services have been notified of the incident. Authorities say the other two children are in protective custody.
san gabriel valley, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 6 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings 18 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis