Los Angeles News
Woman killed on 210 Freeway; man turns himself in for questioning
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man wanted for questioning after a woman was hit and killed on the 210 Freeway turned himself in to Glendale police Saturday morning and is now in the custody of the Los Angeles Police Department.
Detectives will question 26-year-old Ricardo Jimenez to determine if he had any involvement in 22-year-old Maria Josefina Jimenez's death. The LAPD says at this point, he is a person of interest and not a suspect.
Maria Jimenez was struck near Hubbard Street early Thursday morning. Los Angeles police are still trying to figure out if the woman jumped from the car she was in, or if she was pushed out.
According to a witness, the woman was a passenger in a red car that was swerving. The witness said the passenger door of the car opened, and the woman came out of the car and onto the lanes of the freeway.
The witness pulled over and tried to slow down traffic and render help, but the woman was struck several times by cars along the freeway and was killed.
Investigators say Ricardo Jimenez was driving Maria Jimenez's red Toyota Corolla when the two left a tattoo parlor before midnight. The two have the same last name, but they are not related.
Detectives say Ricardo Jimenez's black Honda Civic has been impounded, but they have not been able to locate the woman's Toyota Corolla.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to call Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222- TIPS.
san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 15 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 55 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 9 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 6 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'