Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 hurt in Hawaiian Gardens car shooting; suspect sought
HAWAIIAN GARDENS, Calif. (KABC) -- One man is dead and another is hurt following a car shooting in Hawaiian Gardens. The gunman is on the loose.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says shots rang out at about 2 p.m. Saturday at 215th Street and Norwalk Boulevard. According to witnesses, the two male victims were driving south on Norwalk Boulevard in a silver Dodge Durango when the suspect drove up alongside of them and opened fire into their car.
The victims' car crashed into a telephone pole. Both men were taken to a local hospital, where one of the victims was pronounced dead. He was 43. The other victim, a 30-year-old, was treated for his injuries and is expected to survive.
The suspect, described as an adult black male, got away in a dark colored pickup truck.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500, or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
shooting, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 3 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will 28 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
36 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
11 min ago