Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 hurt in Hawaiian Gardens car shooting; suspect sought
HAWAIIAN GARDENS, Calif. (KABC) -- One man is dead and another is hurt following a car shooting in Hawaiian Gardens. The gunman is on the loose.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says shots rang out at about 2 p.m. Saturday at 215th Street and Norwalk Boulevard. According to witnesses, the two male victims were driving south on Norwalk Boulevard in a silver Dodge Durango when the suspect drove up alongside of them and opened fire into their car.
The victims' car crashed into a telephone pole. Both men were taken to a local hospital, where one of the victims was pronounced dead. He was 43. The other victim, a 30-year-old, was treated for his injuries and is expected to survive.
The suspect, described as an adult black male, got away in a dark colored pickup truck.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500, or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
shooting, los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 24 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 51 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 13 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 17 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 19 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
53 min ago