Los Angeles News
Man charged with murder in 210 Freeway death
SAN FERNANDO, Calif. (KABC) -- A North Hollywood man was charged Tuesday with murder in the death of a woman who fell out of a moving car on the 210 Freeway last week. A special allegation that a knife was used was included in the complaint.
North Hollywood resident Ricardo Jimenez, 26, was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon.
Maria Josefina Jimenez, 22, was struck on the 210 Freeway near Hubbard Street early Thursday, August 29.
According to a witness, the woman was a passenger in a red car that was swerving. The witness said the passenger door of the car opened and the woman came out of the car and onto the lanes of the freeway.
The witness pulled over and tried to slow down traffic and render help, but the woman was struck several times by cars along the freeway and was killed.
Investigators say Ricardo Jimenez was driving Maria Jimenez's red Toyota Corolla when the two left a tattoo parlor before midnight.
The victim and the defendant were in a dating relationship, according to the L.A. County District Attorney's Office. The two have the same last name, but they are not related.
Prosecutors recommended that bail be set at more than $1 million. If convicted as charged, Jimenez faces a maximum sentence of 26 years to life in state prison.
The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department. Anyone with information about this case was asked to call Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222- TIPS.
san fernando valley, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 49 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 12 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 40 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 29 min ago
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 4 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...