Los Angeles News
Big rig fire shuts 101 Freeway lanes in Cahuenga Pass
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A big rig fire shut down multiple lanes of the northbound 101 Freeway in the Cahuenga Pass, causing a traffic mess on Wednesday.
The cab of the big rig caught fire shortly after midnight near the Cahuenga Boulevard exit.
Fortunately, no one was injured. The blaze shut down multiple northbound lanes.
Hazardous materials crews were called to the scene to clean up 15 gallons of diesel fuel that spilled. All lanes have since reopened.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
road closure, fire, los angeles news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics 10 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer 25 min ago
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 15 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)