Los Angeles News
Body found near Castaic Lake after small fire knocked down
CASTAIC, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters found a body in Castaic after putting out a small fire Wednesday. It's the same area where authorities have been looking for a missing college student.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department responded to a spot fire off of Lake Hughes Road near Castaic Lake at about 6:15 a.m. When crews put out the flames, the body was discovered.
Police say a cyclist that was riding by saw the blaze and called deputies.
Detectives say the body is burned beyond recognition, and at this point, they don't know if it's a man or a woman.
The area is a remote section of Lake Hughes Road about a mile north of the visitor center, and officials are hoping there might be video that could help them.
Investigators are also looking to see if it could be 19-year-old Bryce Laspisa, who has been missing for several days. Laspisa was driving from Northern California back home to Orange County. He called his family around 2 a.m. on Friday, and about three hours later, his wrecked SUV was found near Castaic Lake. There was no sign of the young man.
body found, los angeles news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film