Los Angeles News
Boy dies after golf-cart crash in Beverly Park
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A young boy has died after a golf-cart crash in a gated community north of Beverly Hills Sunday afternoon.
The Los Angeles Fire Department says two men and three boys were in a modified golf cart when it overturned in Beverly Park at 57 Beverly Park. A 10-year-old boy, identified as Mark Martinez of Van Nuys, suffered a severe head injury.
He was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in grave condition, where he died about two hours later. The others were also taken to the hospital to be assessed, but they did not appear to be hurt.
It's unclear what caused the accident. The incident remains under investigation.
accident, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months