Los Angeles News
West Covina house fire displaces 7 people
WEST COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A house fire in West Covina displaced seven people from their home Wednesday morning on the 1900 block of East Eckerman Avenue.
The blaze started shortly after midnight. According to a resident, seven adults were displaced after their home was badly damaged by flames.
It took crews about an hour to knock the fire down.
A man in a wheelchair said he was able to escape the blaze with the help of two other residents.
Authorities said the Red Cross was called in to help those who were displaced.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
fire, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area 33 min ago
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
39 min ago