Los Angeles News
West Covina house fire displaces 7 people
WEST COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A house fire in West Covina displaced seven people from their home Wednesday morning on the 1900 block of East Eckerman Avenue.
The blaze started shortly after midnight. According to a resident, seven adults were displaced after their home was badly damaged by flames.
It took crews about an hour to knock the fire down.
A man in a wheelchair said he was able to escape the blaze with the help of two other residents.
Authorities said the Red Cross was called in to help those who were displaced.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
fire, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing 27 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence 59 min ago
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says