Los Angeles News
West Covina house fire displaces 7 people
WEST COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A house fire in West Covina displaced seven people from their home Wednesday morning on the 1900 block of East Eckerman Avenue.
The blaze started shortly after midnight. According to a resident, seven adults were displaced after their home was badly damaged by flames.
It took crews about an hour to knock the fire down.
A man in a wheelchair said he was able to escape the blaze with the help of two other residents.
Authorities said the Red Cross was called in to help those who were displaced.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
fire, los angeles news
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 45 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 5 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role