Los Angeles News
Family makes direct appeal to missing Bryce Laspisa
CASTAIC, Calif. (KABC) -- The family of missing college student Bryce Laspisa, now missing for two weeks, is making a direct appeal to him. They're not giving up hope that he's out there somewhere alive.
"Bryce, it's your uncle Glenn. Come on, let's go. Make a call, have somebody make contact," said uncle Glenn David. "Whatever it is, we'll work through it."
The search for the 19-year-old missing man continues after the coroner identified a burned body found near Castaic Lake last week as that of 35-year-old Lamondre Miles and not the missing teen. Investigators say Miles was shot to death in Hawthorne, and his body was dumped in Castaic Lake. Three suspects have been arrested for his murder.
"We will have to continue from the results of the investigation as to where they think Bryce has been, where he might likely be," David said.
Detectives say their search continues for the teen in the Castaic area. Investigators say they have no evidence indicating the missing man left the area after phoning his mother that he was going to stop in the area to rest in his car.
Laspisa was driving from his college in Northern California to visit his family in Laguna Niguel on Aug. 30 when he apparently stopped in the area around 2 a.m., authorities said. His car was found down an embankment on its side off of Lake Hughes Road, but there was no sign of Laspisa.
Volunteers have been out day and night helping in the search for Laspisa. Family members say they are grateful for the help.
"It is every hour of every day ... I have been here for a week. Tonight will be two weeks since Bryce has been gone. I have seen the toil and stress that this puts on a family," David said.
Search teams are asking for more volunteers to help on Friday. Anyone interested should meet in front of the Starbucks at 31777 Castaic Rd. in Castaic at 8 a.m.
missing person, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son