Los Angeles News
Hawthorne residents evacuated due to hazardous gas
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- Residents in Hawthorne have been evacuated due to hazardous gas possibly leaking in the area.
Several blocks around Imperial Highway and Truro Avenue were evacuated Friday night and into Saturday morning near the intersection of Imperial Highway and Condon Ave.
As of Saturday morning, residents on Truro Avenue north of Imperial Highway and residents on the east side of Condon Avenue north of Imperial Highway have been evacuated to nearby hotels. Approximately 125 people total were evacuated.
Water was coming up out of an old well and possibly methane gas as well.
Residents say this problem started on Thursday, but it has gotten so bad people were forced out of their homes.
Crews are still on scene trying to fix the problem.
los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
6 min ago