Los Angeles News
McClure Tunnel fiery 4-car pile-up kills 1 in Santa Monica
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed following a four-car pile-up along the 10 Freeway in Santa Monica early Saturday morning.
The crash occurred in the McClure Tunnel, where the 10 Freeway meets the Pacific Coast Highway.
One of the cars burst into flames, killing a 19-year-old from Bell.
Officers say the teen was intoxicated when he slammed his car into a guardrail and a wall.
The car then struck two other vehicles. Two others in the car managed to escape without serious injuries.
Several lanes of the 10 Freeway had to be shut and traffic was diverted onto 4th Street. All lanes have since reopened.
There was no word on what caused the crash.
santa monica, car crash, fire, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 50 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)