Los Angeles News
McClure Tunnel fiery 4-car pile-up kills 1 in Santa Monica
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed following a four-car pile-up along the 10 Freeway in Santa Monica early Saturday morning.
The crash occurred in the McClure Tunnel, where the 10 Freeway meets the Pacific Coast Highway.
One of the cars burst into flames, killing a 19-year-old from Bell.
Officers say the teen was intoxicated when he slammed his car into a guardrail and a wall.
The car then struck two other vehicles. Two others in the car managed to escape without serious injuries.
Several lanes of the 10 Freeway had to be shut and traffic was diverted onto 4th Street. All lanes have since reopened.
There was no word on what caused the crash.
santa monica, car crash, fire, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour