Los Angeles News
McClure Tunnel fiery 4-car pile-up kills 1 in Santa Monica
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed following a four-car pile-up along the 10 Freeway in Santa Monica early Saturday morning.
The crash occurred in the McClure Tunnel, where the 10 Freeway meets the Pacific Coast Highway.
One of the cars burst into flames, killing a 19-year-old from Bell.
Officers say the teen was intoxicated when he slammed his car into a guardrail and a wall.
The car then struck two other vehicles. Two others in the car managed to escape without serious injuries.
Several lanes of the 10 Freeway had to be shut and traffic was diverted onto 4th Street. All lanes have since reopened.
There was no word on what caused the crash.
santa monica, car crash, fire, los angeles news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors