Los Angeles News
Family of man fatally shot by cop in South Pasadena speaks out
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The mother and fiancée of a man shot and killed by an off-duty Cal State University, Los Angeles police officer are speaking out.
They marched alongside friends and family to remember Justo Quintero, 31, in South Pasadena on Saturday.
Quintero was shot and killed on Aug. 18 by the off-duty officer during some sort of confrontation on Arroyo Verde Road.
Investigators say Quintero had a gun and fired the weapon during the incident.
His family is still looking for answers.
"I just want answers. Why did this happen?" said Martha Roszco, Quintero's mother. "I just need answers, and why the police are not doing nothing. They're not arresting this man."
"It's not right, and we want justice, and we will get it. It's not over. It's not over," said Natalie Matute, Quintero's fiancée.
L.A. County sheriff's homicide detectives are assisting the South Pasadena Police Department with the investigation.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months