Los Angeles News
Family of man fatally shot by cop in South Pasadena speaks out
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The mother and fiancée of a man shot and killed by an off-duty Cal State University, Los Angeles police officer are speaking out.
They marched alongside friends and family to remember Justo Quintero, 31, in South Pasadena on Saturday.
Quintero was shot and killed on Aug. 18 by the off-duty officer during some sort of confrontation on Arroyo Verde Road.
Investigators say Quintero had a gun and fired the weapon during the incident.
His family is still looking for answers.
"I just want answers. Why did this happen?" said Martha Roszco, Quintero's mother. "I just need answers, and why the police are not doing nothing. They're not arresting this man."
"It's not right, and we want justice, and we will get it. It's not over. It's not over," said Natalie Matute, Quintero's fiancée.
L.A. County sheriff's homicide detectives are assisting the South Pasadena Police Department with the investigation.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 23 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 20 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable 30 min ago
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talks 'Duck Dynasty' future 48 min ago