Los Angeles News
South LA suspect wounded in deputy-involved shooting; 2nd suspect arrested
FLORENCE-GRAHAM, Calif. (KABC) -- One man has been hospitalized and a second man arrested following a deputy-involved shooting in South Los Angeles Saturday.
The shooting occurred in the 1400 block of Gage Avenue in Florence around 10 p.m.
Deputies were reportedly in pursuit of a possible reckless driver, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, when a passenger in the suspect's vehicle jumped from the car and ran.
"Meanwhile, other deputies continued to pursue the driver of the fleeing vehicle," a department statement said. "Eventually, the driver yielded and was taken into custody after a brief struggle with deputies."
The suspect who fled on foot was wounded and transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
No deputies were injured.
Officials said a handgun was recovered at the scene.
A large area was blocked off to traffic during the investigation. A Metro bus was forced to make a U-turn and accidentally took out a fire hydrant. That mess was cleaned up Sunday morning.
CNS contributed to this report.
deputy-involved shooting, arrest, pursuit, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 5 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)