Los Angeles News
North Hollywood shooting: Man dead, suspect caught
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man is dead after being shot in the head in North Hollywood Sunday afternoon, and authorities arrested the suspect Monday.
Los Angeles police say the victim, an adult male, was shot around 2:30 p.m. in the 7700 block of Beck Avenue.
Investigators were looking for 55-year-old Norberto Correa. He is considered armed and dangerous.
The suspect and the victim were heard arguing before gunfire broke out. Police believe the two are acquaintances.
Correa was taken into custody in MacArthur Park area at about 3:30 p.m. Monday. He implicated himself to LAPD detectives, according to the department.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the LAPD's Foothill Community Police Station at (818) 756-8861.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, north hollywood, los angeles news
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt 35 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 32 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning 21 min ago
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 26 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis