Los Angeles News
North Hollywood shooting: Man dead, suspect caught
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man is dead after being shot in the head in North Hollywood Sunday afternoon, and authorities arrested the suspect Monday.
Los Angeles police say the victim, an adult male, was shot around 2:30 p.m. in the 7700 block of Beck Avenue.
Investigators were looking for 55-year-old Norberto Correa. He is considered armed and dangerous.
The suspect and the victim were heard arguing before gunfire broke out. Police believe the two are acquaintances.
Correa was taken into custody in MacArthur Park area at about 3:30 p.m. Monday. He implicated himself to LAPD detectives, according to the department.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the LAPD's Foothill Community Police Station at (818) 756-8861.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, north hollywood, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 43 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 50 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 10 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere