Los Angeles News
North Hollywood shooting: Man dead, suspect caught
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man is dead after being shot in the head in North Hollywood Sunday afternoon, and authorities arrested the suspect Monday.
Los Angeles police say the victim, an adult male, was shot around 2:30 p.m. in the 7700 block of Beck Avenue.
Investigators were looking for 55-year-old Norberto Correa. He is considered armed and dangerous.
The suspect and the victim were heard arguing before gunfire broke out. Police believe the two are acquaintances.
Correa was taken into custody in MacArthur Park area at about 3:30 p.m. Monday. He implicated himself to LAPD detectives, according to the department.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the LAPD's Foothill Community Police Station at (818) 756-8861.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, north hollywood, los angeles news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 57 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 36 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour