Los Angeles News
Man stabbed during confrontation outside Santa Clarita apartments
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a suspect who stabbed a man during a confrontation outside an apartment building in Santa Clarita.
Sheriff's deputies and paramedics responded to the area of Newhall Avenue south of Valle De Oro shortly after 8 p.m. Sunday. The victim was initially treated at the scene, but underwent emergency surgery for his stab wounds Monday morning.
L.A. County Sheriff's deputies initially believed the incident was likely a case of road rage, but the watch commander later said the incident might be gang-related.
The victim showed up at the Canyon Crest Apartments on Sunday to celebrate his 25h birthday with his family. While he was waiting to be buzzed into the complex, he was confronted by the passenger of a dark-colored Impala. Detectives are not sure what started the fight, but at some point the passenger of the Impala walked up to the victim and stabbed him once in the chest and once in the stomach.
The suspect is described as a bald male standing between 6 feet tall and 6 feet 2 inches, weighing about 250 pounds and was last seen wearing a dark shirt and blue jeans. He fled in the Impala, described as a 1995 or 1996 model, possibly black or burgundy with a loud exhaust. So far, there is no description of the driver.
Authorities are considering the incident an attempted murder and say the case will be investigated as a murder if the victim does not survive.
Investigators say a woman was with the victim at the time. She was interviewed Monday morning. Detectives are also looking into the possibility that the suspect and victim know each other.
Names have not been released in the case.
stabbing, los angeles news, q mccray
- Search resumes for hiker in Santa Clarita 8 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 16 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 55 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
52 min ago