Los Angeles News
Fairfax High School student reported missing; last seen in Ktown
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is underway for a 19-year-old student, missing from her home on the 4900 block of Maplewood Avenue in Hollywood.
Family members say Janet Choi was last seen Saturday morning walking to an art class in Koreatown, but she never made it to the class.
Choi is a senior at Fairfax High School and lives with her mother. Family and friends say her disappearance is unusual.
"She is not like this. She never caused a problem in school and when her mother contacted the school today, they were shocked because she is a model student and never even had a problem whatsoever at school," said John Kang, a family friend.
Her mother says her phone has been turned off. Choi has black hair, brown eyes, is 5 feet 3 inches and weighs about 90 pounds.
If you have any information on her whereabouts, you are urged to call Los Angeles police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
missing person, hollywood, koreatown, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants