Los Angeles News
Fairfax High School student reported missing; last seen in Ktown
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is underway for a 19-year-old student, missing from her home on the 4900 block of Maplewood Avenue in Hollywood.
Family members say Janet Choi was last seen Saturday morning walking to an art class in Koreatown, but she never made it to the class.
Choi is a senior at Fairfax High School and lives with her mother. Family and friends say her disappearance is unusual.
"She is not like this. She never caused a problem in school and when her mother contacted the school today, they were shocked because she is a model student and never even had a problem whatsoever at school," said John Kang, a family friend.
Her mother says her phone has been turned off. Choi has black hair, brown eyes, is 5 feet 3 inches and weighs about 90 pounds.
If you have any information on her whereabouts, you are urged to call Los Angeles police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
missing person, hollywood, koreatown, los angeles news
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program 32 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- Protestors commemorate Armenian Genocide 17 min ago
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed