Los Angeles News
Shots reportedly fired at police helicopter
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect reportedly fired shots in the air toward a police helicopter in Bellflower Wednesday, prompting a heavy police response.
Authorities responded to a report of shots fired in the area of Lakewood Boulevard and Cedar Street at about 1:15 p.m.
A male suspect surrendered just before 2 p.m., exiting a house in the neighborhood with his hands up. He was seen being taken into custody.
shooting, los angeles news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 51 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments