Los Angeles News
Lawsuit alleges molestation by ex-teacher at El Sereno Elementary
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A lawsuit has been filed against the Los Angeles Unified School District on behalf of three children allegedly molested by a teacher at El Sereno Elementary School.
The suit claims a total of 15 kids were victims of the same teacher, Armando Gonzalez, between 2007 and 2011. He has since resigned.
The complaint accuses Gonzalez of inappropriately touching and fondling little girls and kissing them on the lips.
"The school district talks about how they're working in the best interest of the kids, protecting the kids, but that's not true. There are so many cases of sexual abuse of kids. They have been asleep all of these years .They have failed to protect the kids over all of these years," said the plaintiffs' attorney, Luis Carrillo.
A spokesman for the school district tells Eyewitness News that action got underway to dismiss Gonzalez in early 2012 after the allegations were made. He remained an employee during the appeals process and resigned this past week after the district refused to settle with him.
The district says it has not yet been formally served with the lawsuit and may have further comments later.
school, lausd, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 16 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 51 min ago
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds