Los Angeles News
Lawsuit alleges molestation by ex-teacher at El Sereno Elementary
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A lawsuit has been filed against the Los Angeles Unified School District on behalf of three children allegedly molested by a teacher at El Sereno Elementary School.
The suit claims a total of 15 kids were victims of the same teacher, Armando Gonzalez, between 2007 and 2011. He has since resigned.
The complaint accuses Gonzalez of inappropriately touching and fondling little girls and kissing them on the lips.
"The school district talks about how they're working in the best interest of the kids, protecting the kids, but that's not true. There are so many cases of sexual abuse of kids. They have been asleep all of these years .They have failed to protect the kids over all of these years," said the plaintiffs' attorney, Luis Carrillo.
A spokesman for the school district tells Eyewitness News that action got underway to dismiss Gonzalez in early 2012 after the allegations were made. He remained an employee during the appeals process and resigned this past week after the district refused to settle with him.
The district says it has not yet been formally served with the lawsuit and may have further comments later.
school, lausd, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts 44 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet 32 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival 1 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report