Los Angeles News
Pedestrian killed by hit-run driver in Venice
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A pedestrian was killed by a hit-and-run driver overnight in Venice.
The incident happened at the intersection of Venice and Lincoln boulevards around midnight Friday. Authorities say the suspect is a woman who was driving a black Toyota Prius. Police say the victim is a 33-year-old man. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
According to an eyewitness, the victim was a homeless man who was carrying a bundle of clothes when he was struck.
"I see this explosion of clothes that the homeless guy had, a bunch of clothes and stuff like that. And, everything just flew everywhere," said Bruce Bauer.
The LAPD is urging anyone with information to call them at 1-800-LAPD-24-7.
hit and run, venice beach, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 31 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 20 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 14 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 27 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)