Los Angeles News
Pedestrian killed by hit-run driver in Venice
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A pedestrian was killed by a hit-and-run driver overnight in Venice.
The incident happened at the intersection of Venice and Lincoln boulevards around midnight Friday. Authorities say the suspect is a woman who was driving a black Toyota Prius. Police say the victim is a 33-year-old man. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
According to an eyewitness, the victim was a homeless man who was carrying a bundle of clothes when he was struck.
"I see this explosion of clothes that the homeless guy had, a bunch of clothes and stuff like that. And, everything just flew everywhere," said Bruce Bauer.
The LAPD is urging anyone with information to call them at 1-800-LAPD-24-7.
hit and run, venice beach, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 2 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 44 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 34 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts