Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles discount store murder: $50K reward offered
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The city of Los Angeles is now offering a $50,000 reward in the murder of South Los Angeles store clerk Martha Sanchez.
For the second night in a row, a vigil was held Friday, as people marched from the nearby police station to the Happy Bargain 99 Cent Store, where the 39-year-old mother of five was shot to death during a robbery Tuesday night.
Those at Friday night's rally called for justice and an end to the violence.
"We have got to continue these marches. We have got to continue before things like this happen. We have got to stop the violence," said one participant.
The male suspect fled on foot. Police are hoping for leads to help bring about his arrest. If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the LAPD's 77th Division at (213) 485-4164.
south los angeles, shooting, lapd, murder, robbery, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)