Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles discount store murder: $50K reward offered
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The city of Los Angeles is now offering a $50,000 reward in the murder of South Los Angeles store clerk Martha Sanchez.
For the second night in a row, a vigil was held Friday, as people marched from the nearby police station to the Happy Bargain 99 Cent Store, where the 39-year-old mother of five was shot to death during a robbery Tuesday night.
Those at Friday night's rally called for justice and an end to the violence.
"We have got to continue these marches. We have got to continue before things like this happen. We have got to stop the violence," said one participant.
The male suspect fled on foot. Police are hoping for leads to help bring about his arrest. If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the LAPD's 77th Division at (213) 485-4164.
south los angeles, shooting, lapd, murder, robbery, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis