Los Angeles News
Grand theft auto suspect shot by Hawthorne police
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- An officer-involved shooting in an unincorporated area near Hawthorne sent a wounded suspect to the hospital Friday.
The incident happened just before midnight at 145th Street and Chadron Avenue after Hawthorne police made a traffic stop. Investigators say the car was stolen.
When the vehicle stopped, the suspect fled on foot from police.
After a brief foot pursuit, the suspect was shot in the 3100 block of 145th Street when he jumped from a porch and allegedly confronted the officer. No officers were injured in the incident.
The suspect, who remains hospitalized in stable condition, will be held on a charge of grand theft auto.
shooting, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 18 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 44 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says