Los Angeles News
Grand theft auto suspect shot by Hawthorne police
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- An officer-involved shooting in an unincorporated area near Hawthorne sent a wounded suspect to the hospital Friday.
The incident happened just before midnight at 145th Street and Chadron Avenue after Hawthorne police made a traffic stop. Investigators say the car was stolen.
When the vehicle stopped, the suspect fled on foot from police.
After a brief foot pursuit, the suspect was shot in the 3100 block of 145th Street when he jumped from a porch and allegedly confronted the officer. No officers were injured in the incident.
The suspect, who remains hospitalized in stable condition, will be held on a charge of grand theft auto.
shooting, los angeles news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 6 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings 31 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis