Los Angeles News
Charred underpass connecting 2, 5 freeways declared emergency
ATWATER VILLAGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Gov. Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency for the freeway underpass that was badly damaged more than two months ago after a tanker truck caught fire near Glendale.
The declaration was announced Friday for the underpass connecting the 2 and 5 freeways.
Brown says the repairs are currently beyond the control of local agencies and the declaration makes federal funding available.
Back in July, a truck flipped, spilled more than 7,000 gallons of gasoline and caught fire at the tunnel.
fire, freeway, road closure, road construction, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 1 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal 49 min ago
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 31 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)
- Pet of the Week: 6-yr-old terrier mix Tillie
18 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
58 min ago