Los Angeles News
Long Beach officer-involved shooting under investigation
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating an officer-involved shooting in Long Beach on Saturday.
The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. at 2nd Street and Park Avenue in the Belmont Heights neighborhood.
According to Long Beach police, officers responded to the 200 block of Park Avenue regarding a call about an unwelcomed person. When they arrived, officers made contact with the unwelcomed man, and an officer-involved shooting occurred, police said.
The unidentified man was struck. He was transported to a local hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
Police said they recovered a handgun at the scene.
No officers were injured.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 50 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 9 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 7 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 24 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 14 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 47 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable 57 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)