Los Angeles News
Long Beach officer-involved shooting under investigation
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating an officer-involved shooting in Long Beach on Saturday.
The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. at 2nd Street and Park Avenue in the Belmont Heights neighborhood.
According to Long Beach police, officers responded to the 200 block of Park Avenue regarding a call about an unwelcomed person. When they arrived, officers made contact with the unwelcomed man, and an officer-involved shooting occurred, police said.
The unidentified man was struck. He was transported to a local hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
Police said they recovered a handgun at the scene.
No officers were injured.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline 45 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians