Los Angeles News
Vin Scully Way coming soon to Los Angeles?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully may soon have a street near the stadium with his name on it.
L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti revealed his support for the name change Sunday morning on Eyewitness Newsmakers on ABC7.
"There's no honor that could be too great for Vin Scully, and I absolutely would love to rename a street for him. We'll look at a few around the stadium as a possibility," said Garcetti. "I know there's been a lot in the Twittersphere, a lot of people tweeting and Facebooking about this."
The question that prompted the discussion came in from a viewer, who happens to be Scully's daughter-in-law, asking to change Stadium Way to Vin Scully Way.
The mayor says he hopes to start working on the project in the coming weeks.
Scully recently signed on for his 65th year as the Dodgers' play-by-play announcer.
los angeles dodgers, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter