Los Angeles News
Vin Scully Way coming soon to Los Angeles?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully may soon have a street near the stadium with his name on it.
L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti revealed his support for the name change Sunday morning on Eyewitness Newsmakers on ABC7.
"There's no honor that could be too great for Vin Scully, and I absolutely would love to rename a street for him. We'll look at a few around the stadium as a possibility," said Garcetti. "I know there's been a lot in the Twittersphere, a lot of people tweeting and Facebooking about this."
The question that prompted the discussion came in from a viewer, who happens to be Scully's daughter-in-law, asking to change Stadium Way to Vin Scully Way.
The mayor says he hopes to start working on the project in the coming weeks.
Scully recently signed on for his 65th year as the Dodgers' play-by-play announcer.
los angeles dodgers, los angeles news
- 2 people shot in Reseda, LAPD says 1 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 7 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
9 min ago