Los Angeles News
Vin Scully Way coming soon to Los Angeles?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully may soon have a street near the stadium with his name on it.
L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti revealed his support for the name change Sunday morning on Eyewitness Newsmakers on ABC7.
"There's no honor that could be too great for Vin Scully, and I absolutely would love to rename a street for him. We'll look at a few around the stadium as a possibility," said Garcetti. "I know there's been a lot in the Twittersphere, a lot of people tweeting and Facebooking about this."
The question that prompted the discussion came in from a viewer, who happens to be Scully's daughter-in-law, asking to change Stadium Way to Vin Scully Way.
The mayor says he hopes to start working on the project in the coming weeks.
Scully recently signed on for his 65th year as the Dodgers' play-by-play announcer.
los angeles dodgers, los angeles news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 7 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 18 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 11 min ago
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah MacKay
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler