Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera nightclub shooting: Valet killed, security guard injured
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A valet was killed and a security guard was injured in a shooting at a Pico Rivera nightclub early Sunday morning.
The shooting happened just before 2:45 a.m. at the El Rodeo nightclub on the 8800 block of Washington Boulevard.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said two men were shot at the club and taken to a hospital. One of the men, who authorities identified as a valet, later died. The other victim, a security guard, was last listed in stable condition.
Witnesses say the gunman was a patron at the club, who was causing trouble and escorted out. He then returned, and when security stopped him, he went to his car, got a gun and shot the two men.
The suspect was captured after a short chase. Four other people have been detained.
The names of the suspects and victims have not been released.
Anyone with information about this incident was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, homicide investigation, pico rivera, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 18 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions