Los Angeles News
Long Beach officer-involved shooting suspect identified
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Long Beach police have identified the man wounded in an officer-involved shooting in the Belmont Heights neighborhood.
The incident occurred near the 200 block of Park Avenue Saturday.
Police say 49-year-old Greg Treadway went to his ex-girlfriend's home in violation of a restraining order and broke into the garage, where he picked up a handgun.
The ex-girlfriend called police.
Treadway failed to comply with orders and raised his handgun after an officer arrived on scene. That's when the officer-involved shooting occurred.
Treadway was arrested and taken to a nearby hospital in stable condition.
No officers were injured.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 24 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Torrance attempted burglary suspect sought 18 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- 2-year-old found with heroin in New Jersey 13 min ago
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons