Los Angeles News
Long Beach officer-involved shooting suspect identified
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Long Beach police have identified the man wounded in an officer-involved shooting in the Belmont Heights neighborhood.
The incident occurred near the 200 block of Park Avenue Saturday.
Police say 49-year-old Greg Treadway went to his ex-girlfriend's home in violation of a restraining order and broke into the garage, where he picked up a handgun.
The ex-girlfriend called police.
Treadway failed to comply with orders and raised his handgun after an officer arrived on scene. That's when the officer-involved shooting occurred.
Treadway was arrested and taken to a nearby hospital in stable condition.
No officers were injured.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed 37 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects 57 min ago
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book