Los Angeles News
Hit-and-run driver slams into Compton beauty salon
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A silver sedan slammed into a Lexus with two women inside before crashing into a beauty salon in Compton Sunday.
Authorities say the accident happened in the 900 block of North Wilmington Avenue at about 7 p.m. The driver fled from the scene and remains on the loose. A description of the suspect was not immediately available.
The women in the Lexus complained of pain and were taken to a local hospital. Their injuries do not appear to be serious, police said.
The building sustained serious damage and has been red-tagged.
Anyone with information is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Department Compton Station at (310) 605-6500.
accident, hit and run, los angeles news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 6 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 37 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 6 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book